HIGHLY DESIRABLE, FAST GROWING COMMUNITY IN THE HEART OF MAINE
- With over 18,000 residents, a retail trade area of over 61,000 people, and with 500,000 annual visitors, Windham is a great location for growing retail and service businesses.
- Windham’s retail offerings range from locally owned boutiques to national superstores and can provide everything you need without leaving town
- Windham’s locally owned, regional, and national restaurant brands work to satisfy every appetite
- With Saint Joseph’s College, and other area colleges nearby, our workforce can respond quickly with the skills your business needs now and, in the future
- Windham has a choice of market-rate housing with single-family, condos, and apartments available in desirable neighborhoods throughout town
- 500 acres of parks & preserves with swimming & kayaking areas, and miles of hiking, snowmobile, and cross-country ski trails are available for year-round adventures
With beautiful Sebago Lake on our doorstep and the mountains of Western Maine less than an hour’s drive away, Windham is known as The Gateway to the Lakes and Mountains Region of Maine. Windham has grown into the role of the service center to its growing population of over 18,000 residents and those in nearby towns. Windham takes pride in keeping its comfortable, hometown feel while offering desired amenities with many restaurants, retail shops, and professional services.
Windham’s centralized location makes it a dynamic center of commerce. With a retail market of over 61,000 people and with 500,000 annual visitors, Windham is a great location for growing retail and service businesses. With access to the highly talented labor market of the Greater Portland Region, your professional and manufacturing employment needs can be met within an easy commute to your facility in Windham.
Each of Windham’s 500 acres of parks, trails, and preserves holds a special uniqueness, with some amazing “gems” not far from the town center. Four season outdoor opportunities await residents and visitors alike.
Educational opportunities abound with the highly regarded Saint Joseph’s College and the University of Southern Maine located right next door in neighboring communities. The Windham/Raymond Regional School district provides our K-12 students with an outstanding education as well as opportunities to develop in the arts, technology, and sports.
Even with significant residential and commercial growth over the past two decades, Windham retains its rural character with several significant farms and green spaces throughout the town. Windham Farmers Market is open from May to October, supporting local farmers and artisans.